Here Be Dragons
“People who deny the existence of dragons are often eaten by dragons. From within.” ~ Ursula K. Le Guin
Upcoming Ceremony on 10/5:
Here Be Dragons Full Moon in Aries
If you are working on something big then this is the moon to send extra mojo to that endeavor, and if you are putting off something because it is too big and too scary then guess what?
This is the moon blaze through it.
This Ceremony is ideal for those who:
- Are ready to take a leadership role in any (or all!) areas of their lives.
- Would like to be less afraid and come into right relationship with fear.
- Want to stop procrastinating and wasting energy avoiding the THING that needs to get done – whatever it might be.
- Are suffering from “paralysis by analysis” and need to start their big project/vision/new relationship/dream job, already.
- Desire to bless any and all new things in their lives – this includes new relationships, new ideas, new ventures, new friends, new clients, and new routines.
- Require more efficiency and the ability to sharply prioritize and focus.
- Wish to get fit, have better health, and better discipline around fitness and health.
As always, an original blessing will go out to all participants.
What is Here Be Dragons?
Once upon a time when the world seemed a bit smaller, cartographers would mark out mysterious lands and territories with the phrase “here be dragons.” It was an elegant way of saying this land is unknown and therefore we are afraid of it in the same way that we are afraid of dragons.
Though our world has been explored up, down, and all around and though our modern maps do not ever mention dragons, we still face them every single day. The situations, people, and events that feel like they are mysterious and beyond our control, the stories and behaviors that frighten us, the places where we feel uncertain and afraid…here be dragons.
In this uncertainty and anxiety, we are certainly not alone.
It was for our ancestors just as it is for us. The way to encounter these dragons is to accept the challenge, face our fears and obstacles with courage, and call upon sacred ceremony to help us in our quest. And one of the deepest and most profound ways of creating ceremony and ritual is to involve the entire community in blessing and supporting each other.
How it Works ~
Every now and then as the spirit strikes, I create a community altar service around one of the “dragons” that many of us have personal experience with.
Specific petitions, blessings, prayers, and intentions will be written by each person who participates – because words really do have wings.
Altars are created, offerings made, blessings given, and prayers chanted, but no reports and no divination follow up are included in these services.
Kind Words ~
I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you offering these!I’ve only participated the last two months and haven’t been able to do it at the exact time, but each time I’ve ended up sobbing my way through the closing. Heavy, gasping, transformative, healing sobs. The blessings speak so much truth and it’s made me realize that I’ve been afraid of not only asking for what I truly want, but realizing what it even is that I want to begin with.Thank you thank you thank you! — Anastasia
Registration: is open through 10/4 at midnight central time.