rom earthy Capricorn we move into the aerial and aquatic realms ready to stir and shake things up with the one and only Aquarius.
Water-Bearer as Aquarius: By Briana Saussy
Like its predecessor Capricorn, Aquarius is one of the oldest constellations found in Sumerian myth, Babylonian codex, Vedic Astrological tradition and Chinese star lore. In ancient Sumer and Babylon the star cluster was associated with the great God Ea himself
As we move forward into time and into Ancient Greece we see that the emblems associated with Aquarius become simplified
Prometheus’ famous punishment was to be chained to the side of a mountain where a vulture would swoop down and peck out his liver. Well, somewhere in all of that he had a son named Deucalion and just as Prometheus’ name is forever associated with the element of fire
It all began with a sacrifice that went wrong. In some stories it is a king in Athens who pours a libation of water instead of wine, angering the Gods. In the older stories it is something more violent and bloody, the sacrifice of a young boy to Zeus, that was taken as deeply offensive, heretical, and impure.
Here we see one of strongest traits of Aquarius come to the foreground
Aquarius is the sign least interested in tradition and there is goodness in that attitude because certain traditions
So, a young boy was killed for no good reason and the gods became enraged. What I hear below and beneath the surface of the story is the grief; that the heavens wept at the loss and waste of innocent life, and so they cried, and they cried, and they cried. And the waters came rushing down covering the land over and the rivers began to swell up and out and overrun their banks, and the oceans began to grow greater and higher and vaster than ever before.
Sometimes the sign is characterized as
Water-Bearer As Animal: By Sara Magnuson
Call on Aquarius When:
- You are ready to shed the past way of doing/being/thinking
- You want to call in a new reality, new possibility, new potential
- You need to rebel, rock the boat, or stir up waters that have grown too stagnant.
- You desire to foster and support your mental agility, wit, and inner brilliance.
- You want to learn more/work with about advanced technologies of all kinds.
- You’d like to support a new creation or invention.
- You want to strengthen group dynamics, form a group for a specific purpose, and/or honor your community.
- You are launching any kind of web or social media presence or generally working with computers and the web.
- You need to color outside of the lines.
- You are ready for a paradigm shift.
- You desire to focus on the future and what is to come.
- You want to marry intellect with deep emotions for a fuller experience.
Be Wary Of:
Questions to Ponder:
Active Imagination Journey:
You will need:
1 cup kosher salt
1 pinch of dried peppermint
1 pinch of dried lemongrass
Set yourself up so that after your bath you have your incense ready to burn and you will be able to step through the smoke and then access your clean clothes.
Take your bath, allow yourself to focus on what you are ready to leave behind. See, sense, touch, know, hear, and feel yourself dropping it into the water. Every time you run water over your body see, sense, touch, know, hear, and feel how more of the old story is being dissolved, released, and shed.
When you are ready stand up and drain the bath. Affirm and acknowledge that as the water circles down the drain all that you have released is going into the deep earth where it can be transformed into something good and useful once more.
Standing naked, do not dry yourself off with a towel but let yourself air dry. Light the incense and when you are ready to step out of your past and into your future, walk through the sacred smoke.
Say any words of thanksgivings and leave any offerings you like as a final act to this rite.
About my Co-Author: